Law Office of Randi Megan Otwell

Work with a Knowledgeable K1 Visa Attorney in Irving, TX and the Surrounding Areas

If you’re looking for a fiancé visa lawyer, congratulations! Two people joining together in marriage is a blessing for everyone involved. The Law Office of Randi Megan Otwell provides comprehensive assistance with the fiancé visa form process for those who are eligible to receive a K1 Visa in areas surrounding Irving, TX. As a family-based immigration and K1 visa attorney, Randi Megan Otwell can consult with you regarding your eligibility.

The process to acquire a K1 visa is not difficult, but it does require attention and care. Because it involves bringing your fiancé to the United States from a foreign country, any failure in the process can cause significant delays. Additionally, you’ll need to prove that your situation complies with each requirement of the application process. Keep reading below to review the basic information regarding eligibility and how to start the process.

k1 visa farmers branch tx

Understanding the Complexities of the Fiancé Visa Form

The K1 visa is also known as the fiancé visa. Green card holders are not eligible to petition for a fiancé. US citizen petitioners must still meet strict requirements. When you choose Attorney Otwell as your fiancé visa lawyer, she’ll walk you through the process and help you fill out every part of the I-129 Form correctly. For quick reference, however, the following are requirements to apply for a K1 visa:

  • You are a US citizen. 
  • You intend to be married within 90 days of your fiancé’s entry to the United States. 
  • Neither you nor your fiancé are currently married, and you are legally allowed to marry according to the laws of the land. 
  • You and your fiancé have seen each other in person at least once during the past two years. This requirement may be waived if it would violate your fiancé’s culture’s longstanding practices, or would clearly result in you suffering harm or severe hardship.  

If you meet these qualifications or are unsure whether you do, contact fiancé visa attorney Otwell to help you start the process. 

Attorney Otwell Will Guide You Through the Fiancé Visa Process

Attorney Otwell is an experienced K1 visa attorney, so she can help you from the pre-application process through final approval. The firm’s fiancé visa services are comprehensive. Because of this, Attorney Otwell will inform you of your rights and obligations at each step of the process. In other words, she will communicate fully and openly to ensure that your application moves swiftly and avoids issues.

The process follows this path:

  1. Contact the office to review your case’s basic information. Attorney Otwell will ask you the relevant questions needed to start the initial petition.
  2. The firm files the Form I-129 with USCIS on your behalf, along with supporting documents.
  3. Once USCIS approves the form, they forward the petition to National Visa Center.
  4. The NVC will issue a case number that will allow you to submit your visa application, affidavit of support, and supporting documents to the US Embassy or Consulate in your fiancé’s country, where he or she applies for the K1 visa.
  5. After the embassy or consulate approves the visa request, your fiancé has six months to arrive in the United States.
  6. Once your fiancé arrives, the Customs and Border Patrol agents will confirm the visa and assess any security issues.
  7. Then, you and your fiancé must wed within 90 days of your fiancé’s entry.

After you are married, you can hire the Law Office of Randi Megan Otwell to submit Form I-485 (or the green card application) on your fiance’s behalf. If approved, your now-spouse will receive a conditional green card valid for two years.

Ninety days before your spouse’s conditional residency expires, a petition to remove the conditions of residency must be filed. This is also a separate process from your fiancé visa services, but one with which Attorney Otwell can help you. If you’re near Irving, TX, then call a qualified K1 visa attorney today.

Get In Touch

Services Needed*:
Any Questions or Project Details?
Scroll to Top